Sunday, July 16, 2006

rory turns art critic and discusses the important 20th century work known entitled "McNipple"

why has this work been neglected by art critics? this is important art, nonverbally capturing important aspects of modern amerikan culture. mcnipple is a frickin' masterpiece.



first let me say that the rumor (started by rory himself) that first lady laura bush was as much a model for this piece as ronald mcdonald himself is no doubt false. but I can see why I started the rumor. if for no other reason, it's the frickin' hair. the kevlar-helmet, ronald-doo.





is not the first lady clown-like? her facial expressions are untrue, her affect seemingly disconnected from reality, facial response severed from stimuli. her visage is painted. her hair is ronaldesque. the clown mother. how frickin' frightening is that?


but the rumor is frickin' false. she did not sit for the artist with bared breasts with the lips of rove at her mime-skinned harlequin dug. no rory just thought mcnipple suggested such a reality.

ronald mcdonald as a woman? or a man? ronald androgynous? ronald asexual? recall that christian clown authorities contend that clowns are indeed asexual. ronald/mcdonald's as surrogate mother of a infant with an older face and hands? a mature baby dependent on garbage culture to stick the teat in its lips, helpless to do anything but suckle at the teat of the great ronald mcdonald?
the mature baby transgendered by hormonal influences of crappy hormone fed beef? does the boy baby have the suggestion of female genitalia in the diaper? is the north american male craze for depilation of the cranium and other areas just the result of marketing or is there an impulse to render the body neonatenous for some other latent reasons and is the baby jesus of this burgerland pieta legitimately interpreted as a comment on this phenomenon, regardless of the artist's intentions? who the frick knows?

rory could go on and on reflecting on this painting. ah, great art'll do that do you. frickin' A.

casey weldon created mcnipple

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bravo! Excellent "art-crit" piece too. I'm thankful for it, but I'm also thankful for having been spared the art-critic jargon. Good stuff. Honestly, at first glance, I thought the wee lad was...ahem...sporting wood, which made the piece all the more grotesque.

8:36 PM  
Blogger Graeme said...

great stuff Rory! disturbing in a good way

11:19 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

I've always thought of Lithium Laura as The Joker's long lost twin sister... but Ronald McDonald works for me, too. I especially loved that one pix of the artist w/the lady coyly smiling while the parts of the chicken that we eat are higlighted inside her own body.

12:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That "baby" has the eyes of a 100-yr old lecher, er, man. And though I definitely see your point about Laura, I also see a strong resemblance to maggie thatcher. D.K.

1:11 AM  
Blogger Michael Bains said...

Dude! Is that piece hanging over your fireplace?

Seriously though, I love your interpretation, and would hang the painting in an unobtrusive place in my den, if I had one.

2:24 AM  
Blogger PTCruiser said...

I feel so "cultured" now. Thanks, Rory. Does the artist do any effigies of the Ronald McDonald mother?

5:59 AM  
Blogger enigma4ever said...

Wow...Drive Through Art Extroidinaire....and a Baby that looks like Unca Dick....I kinda kept hoping that the Hamburglar would show up and do Something rude...and Yup Lithium Laura ( nice name BTW)...I feel so culturally enriched now- in a white trash hand me a twinkie kind of way....sigh....oh please dear Rory More Fine Art...

8:11 AM  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

I so see a nighmare in my not so distant future. Some art will do that to you too.

If you look into Laura's eyes, you can see right through her head. Kind of like looking in a lizard's ear.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Peacechick Mary said...

Laura is a threat to all intelligent women. She has single handedly put gender equality back 100 years and cheered on while others die. Well done, well done Rory. More.

9:54 AM  
Blogger cul said...

I love that painting and your astute commentary so much it makes me want to shit my pants.

9:56 AM  
Blogger gugon said...

Whoa. That's one of the creepiest paintings I have ever seen. That skin color! Grotesque is the word. And it speaks on more levels than I first thought - the more you look at it, the more you notice.

Excellent critique - and VERY unconventional. Your analysis brings even more depth to the painting.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

pure genius mr shock, your analysis was pur genius

3:19 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

I too was mezmerized by your talent as the art narrator. You took me to levels that I scarcely knew existed... and I hope it stays that way. Damn clown dreams!

2:36 AM  
Blogger Mark Prime (tpm/Confession Zero) said...

I would say it is art! It speaks to us on so many levels! The Culture of Corporation; better known as- The Culture of Corruption, of course.

Great post!

1:16 PM  
Blogger Colette said...

Rory,

I said it on my blog, I'll say it here...

I LOVE YOU!

Marry me

^_^

7:33 PM  
Blogger Rory Shock said...

frickin' A ... rory is humbled by all the love, laughs, positive energy and frickin' encouragement to believe that he is not alone in his view of da world or his appreciation for fine outsider art ... i love lithium laura and the joker's twin sister comps tina ... if only the piece hung over my fireplace ... pt ... this is the frickin' place to get kulture indeedy ... guerillas ... definitely signs of arousal there ... distrubin' indeed ... disturbing in a good way is the way I like it ... if it's gotta be distrubing like so much shit is ... well maybe most shit right now ... dk maggie thatcher baring her breasts for a ronnie mcd portrait, now that's the stuff of nightmares ... as if what's shown here isn't already ... oh painter of mcnipple, heed enigma's imaginings, please ... pop ... I stayed awake all night fearing a dream of forced feeding by an androgynous ronnie ... laura ain't exactly a role model for women's equality is she? and w ... well, he's not exactly a role model for human intelligence ... cul, uh, now that's high frickin' praise! gugon, definitely, the painting is indeed rich ... rose rory is happy to see your moniker back here and thanks mucho ... sumo danka mcmucho ... glenda ... the helmet hair is said to stop bullets and knowledge and feelings ... definitely pm ... kulture of korruption ... colette, whew ... rory's head is spinnin'

1:34 PM  
Blogger JBlue said...

I was sure I commented here. I think I said something about having nightmares, which I think I did, indeed, have.

3:22 PM  
Blogger blogger said...

geciktirici sprey
geciktirici stag sprey,
geciktirme spreyi,
zayıflama,
sperm arttırıcı,
kırışıklık kremi
kısırlık tedavisi,
zayıflama hapı ,
kirpik uzatıcı
gögüs büyütücü,
x hamste

2:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

elektrikli platform
monoray vinç

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home